I have this pan designed to make 4 mini loaves that I rarely use so this recipe was perfect. It is originally from a Fall issue of Martha Stewart but I have made some changes to make the ingredients list healthier and easier to source. All 3 kids – 2 thumbs up even with the little green bits!!
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted) or canola oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup sugar
3 cups finely grated zucchini – about one large
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat four (3 x 5 1/2 inch) loaf pans with cooking spray and lengthwise line with parchment leaving some paper over hanging for easy release.
- In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients – flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar, zucchini and vanilla.
- Stir liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and then stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake about 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Don’t have mini loaf pans – try baking in a 5 x 10 inch loaf pan. Baking will take longer I would check at 60 minutes.